Procedure text is a text to describe how to make or doing something
Generic Structure of Procedure Text:
1. Goal/Aim (Tujuan)
2. Materials (Bahan-bahan)
3. Steps/Methods (Langkah-langkah)
Example procedure text about how to make something:
The Procedure of Making Meatballs
- 1 kilo of very fine minced meat (preferably beef)
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams of tapioca-flour
- 4-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- First of all,mix garlic, red onion, salt, and white pepper in a mortar or mixer.
- Second step, mix the spice-mixture with the eggs, the tapioca-flour and the minced meat.
- After that, use your fingers, add a cup of water, and keep on working until the mixture feels soft and smooth.
- Then, boil some water in a rather large pot, at least about 2 liters.
- Next step, start rolling the mixture into small meatballs.
- Finally, lower the meatballs into the boiling water. When they float up to the surface the meatball are ready to serve.